Paleo Diet Breakfast is the vital meal of the day. It keeps you active and energetic throughout the day. Skipping it will only end up in poor physical and mental health, drowsiness, weakness, and inactiveness. A healthy Paleo Diet Breakfast can provide you with enough energy for performing your daily personal and professional tasks. Read more about Paleo Diet
Here are the Five Paleo-friendly breakfast recipes that will help you in filling your energy level at the start of the day while losing your weight and keeping you slim and toned.
Recipe 01 – Paleo Diet Breakfast Bowl (An antioxidant recipe)
Approximate preparation time: 30 minutes
Number of Servings: 2
- 1 cup of raspberries
- 1 cup of blueberries
- 3 or 4 small plums
- A ¾ cup of almonds
- 15 to 20 cloves
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 18 to 20 mint leaves
- 1 to 2 tablespoons of raw cacao (unsweetened)
- Soak almonds in a bowl of water at least eight hours prior to making this recipe. Pour boiling water in the bowl of almonds and wait for 45 to 50 seconds and start pinching the almonds to remove their skins.
- Pour a cup of water into a small saucepan and add cloves in it. After bringing the water to boil, lower the heat, and let it simmer for half an hour or until they are soft. Take the cloves out of the water and save the water.
- Put the peeled almonds, coconut oil and most of the clove water into the blender, and start blending.
- Chop the cacao finely and in small pieces.
- Take a cleaned bowl and pour a layer of the almond cream into a bowl.
- Arrange the plums on the almond cream after slicing them. Add the raspberries, blueberries, mint, cacao in it, and mix them gently. Garnish it with the rest of the almond cream and cloves.
- Your breakfast, enriched in antioxidant ingredients, is ready. Enjoy it.
Recipe 02 – Sweet Potato Hash Browns
Hash browns are a popular recipe for breakfast. Although it is generally made by using regular potatoes; however, in order to make it a Paleo Diet Breakfast friendly recipe, just replace the regular potatoes with sweet potatoes. This not only tastes good and provides you with the required energy for the day, but also it helps in losing your weight.
Approximate Preparation time: 10 minutes
Approximate Cooking time: 15 minutes
Number of Servings: 2
- 3 to 4 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 2 eggs
- Half cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- The ¼ cup of chopped green onions
- The ¼ cup of coconut oil
- Perforate one of the sweet potatoes by using a fork. Enfold it in a damp paper towel and put it in a small bowl with half-inch of water in it. Place this bowl in the microwave for 7 to 9 minutes, or until it is soft.
- After taking it out of the microwave, leave sweet potato for 5 minutes and let it sit; then drain the water and peel off its skin. Now mash it well with a fork.
- Take the rest of the sweet potatoes and peel their skin with the knife. Then by using a box grater, grate them on its larger holes.
- Add the mashed sweet potatoes, almond flour, two whisked eggs, green onion, and sea salt in a bowl of grated sweet potatoes. Mix all the ingredients with a spoon.
- In a skillet or a frying pan, pour coconut oil and heat over medium or medium-high until your skillet or pan is hot. Now pour the sweet potato mixture in about two or three tablespoon batches. Use the spatula to flatten them.
- You need to Fry until it turns golden brown.
- Once cooked, place them on a plate with paper towels to drain the excess oil.
- Enjoy while they are still hot.
Recipe 03 – Paleo Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Everybody loves to eat muffins; however, the traditional recipes are not at all Paleo friendly. Instead of using flour, which is not recommended in Paleo diet, use of an apple along with cinnamon and almond flour is a great idea to have a healthy and delicious breakfast while still on diet to lose your weight.
Approximate preparation time: 25 minutes
Approximate baking time: 20 minutes
Makes: 12 muffins
- 25 cups of almond flour
- 5 tablespoons of coconut flour
- Half teaspoon of sea salt
- Half teaspoon of baking soda
- 1 to 2 teaspoons of cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1 medium-sized apple, diced
- 2 eggs, beaten
- The ¼ cup of coconut oil
- The ¼ cup of honey
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla
- Coconut oil spray
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the apple in a large bowl.
- Pour the coconut oil and honey in a small bowl and heat it in the microwave until they melt.
- Now add the vanilla and eggs in the mixture of coconut oil and honey, and mix well.
- Add this mixture in a large bowl of the dry ingredients, and stir slightly to mix all the ingredients.
- Using a coconut oil spray, coat a 12 cup muffin tin and scoop the mixture in each of them.
- Bake for almost 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit or until the top of muffins begin to turn golden brown and feel somewhat firm/ bouncy to the touch.
- Take them out of the oven and let them cool.
- Enjoy the delicious Paleo apple cinnamon muffins.
Recipe 04 – Paleo Diet Breakfast Burrito
Approximate preparation time: 5 minutes
Approximate cooking time: 10 minutes
Number of servings: 2
- For the Tortillas
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- Half cup of water
- 4 teaspoons of ground flaxseed
- Pinch of salt
- For the filling:
- 1 avocado (diced)
- The ¼ cup of red bell pepper (finely chopped)
- The ¼ cup of onion, (finely chopped)
- The ¼ cup of baked tilapia or any other protein
- A handful of spinach leaves
- 1 teaspoon of coconut oil
- Preheat the oven broiler
- Put all the ingredients for the tortilla in a small bowl and whisk well.
- Heat a non-stick frying pan or skillet over medium heat. Coat it well with coconut oil spray, and pour half of the tortilla mixture into the pan. Swirl to evenly distribute it in the pan.
- Use a metal or wooden spatula to loosen the edges of the tortilla from the pan. Allow it to cook. Slide the spatula under the tortilla carefully to loosen it from the pan. Let it be like that.
- Make the tortilla a bit bubbly by placing the pan under the broiler for 3 to 4 minutes. Take it out.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- After that Heat the coconut oil in a separate small pan. After adding onions and peppers, sauté for five to eight minutes, until tender than Add the spinach.
- Put the fillings, and wrap firmly. Put it into the preheated oven for five to eight minutes to set the shape of the tortilla.
- Enjoy while it’s still hot.
Recipe 05 – Chia-flax Breakfast Cereal
Chia seeds and flax seeds are a great source of omega 3 fatty acids, as well as it has a good portion of protein and fibre. Mostly both these type of seeds are used in various recipes as peripheral ingredients. However, in this breakfast cereal, these seeds are the main ingredients. This recipe will give you a nice crunch in the morning to start your day with healthful breakfast.
Approximate preparation time: 10 minutes
Approximate baking time: 90 minutes
Number of servings: 2
- Half cup of chia seeds
- Half cup of flax seeds
- Half cup of apple juice
- 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla extract
- A ¾ cup of hot water
- Add all ingredients (dry) in the blender and add the apple juice and coconut oil in it. Process until properly mixed and has almost a smooth texture.
- Start spreading the batter out onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet until nice and thin.
- Bake at 325 degree Fahrenheit for 15 minutes.
- Pull out the cookie sheet and cut it into small squares of about ¾ inch with the help of a knife or pizza cutter. Do not separate the pieces at this stage.
- Drop the temperature of the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and bake for another 30 minutes
- Pull the cookie sheet out and separate the pieces.
- After turning off the oven, put the cereal back inside for about an hour or until they are crisp and breaks easily. Your Paleo breakfast cereal is ready.
- Enjoy with unsweetened coconut or almond milk.